Ionized Detox Therapy
Ionic cleansing, or ionic foot bath, removes toxins and other impurities in your body through the soles of your feet. Marketers of early ionic cleansing devices such as the Aqua Detox, an apparatus used in spas and sold to private consumers in the U.K. in the early 2000s, claimed the apparatus produced a frequency of positive and negative ions, which resonates through the body, stimulating your cells and rebalancing energy. The devices remove pinworms, parasites, mucous, nicotine and even heavy metals. Purportedly, those who receive ionic cleansing experience better mental clarity and increased energy after treatments.
What does a detox bath do?
The health benefits of negative ions are well known. When water is ionized and split into H+ and OH- ions (and sometimes into H3O+ and H2O2 ions), these ions are able to enter the body through the 4,000 large pores of the feet. Then the circulatory and lymphatic systems transport the ions throughout the body. These ions neutralize oppositely charged toxins in the cells that are normally slow to exit the body. In this way, all the body’s organs can become energized and stimulated to function optimally. The body then rids itself of these toxins through its normal processes of urination, defecation and sweating.
Ionic detox has been known to:
- Remove toxins, free radicals and body waste products that can cause health problems (In an Aug. ’04 study by Carlos A. Lopez-Moreno, MD, there was a significant deposit of urea, creatinine and glucose in the foot basin in 12 patients with chronic illnesses.)
- Chelate toxic metals Raise pH levels. Approximately 95% of people experience a state of acidity in which their blood pH is lower than 7.45, indicating an excess of hydrogen ions. This makes an ideal breeding ground for worms, parasites, microorganisms and other critters that lower body function and cause disease.
- In a 2008 study by Center for Research Strategies (crsllc.org), 31 participants underwent ionic detox two times per week for 12 weeks. The amount of aluminum and arsenic in their blood was measured before and after the 12 weeks. The average blood aluminum level decreased by 46% from 79.8 ppb (parts per billion) to 43.1 ppb. The average blood arsenic level decreased 24% from 4.6 ppb to 3.5 ppb.
- In a 2002 study by Doctor’s Data in St. Charles, IL, there was an average increase in toxic metals found in the foot basin from nine independent sessions. Here is a list of metals that increased in concentration.
Metal Percentage Increase
Other Health Benefits
- Removal of inactivate viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungus
- Relieve pain and tension including headaches
- Purify the blood and lymph
- Stimulate and balance the immune system
- Enhance nutrient absorption
- Reduce inflammation and unwanted fluid retention
- Help clear up skin
- Assist in weight loss
- Slow down aging and improve body flexibility
- Quicken recovery time from disease or injury
- Increase oxygen in the body
- Rejuvenate and energize your whole body
- Improve sleep
The West Clinic
1188 Call Place
Pocatello, ID 83201
Monday - Thursday: 8:30am to 6:00pm
Friday: 8:30 am to 1:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed